Kathryn M. Cozzens, CPA
Ms. Cozzens extends her tax practice to include estate administration, working with lawyers and family members upon the death of an individual. She has had extensive experience with Probate Court filings and all tax filings related to the estate process, following the administration for as many years as necessary to finalize the process.
Prior to launching Warring and Company in February 2007, Ms. Cozzens practiced tax and tax planning with other Washington DC-area CPA firms, including Beers & Cutler and RSM McGladrey. Ms. Cozzens was formerly an Assistant Vice President with Bank of America in Columbia South Carolina, where she managed the operations of their Private Client Group Tax Compliance Division.
Education, Professional Designations and Licenses
- University of South Carolina, Master of Science in Taxation, December 1995
- Northeastern University, Bachelor in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting, June 1994
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), 2000
- AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants), member since 2000
- Northern Virginia Estate Planning Council, member since 2001
- Virginia Society of CPAs, member since 2001
- â€œIssues in Reducing Executor Liability for an Estateâ€™s Federal Tax Obligationsâ€, Tax Management Estates,
- Gifts and Trusts Journal, September-October 2007, co-authored with Donald Williamson & A. Blair Staley